THE HISTORY OF WELD COUNTY GARAGE, INC.

In 1901, D.R. McArthur established Weld County Garage, Inc. selling buggies and shoeing horses for the then dirt roads of Greeley Colorado. In 1908, Weld County Garage, Inc. entered the car business under the name of Weld County Automobile Company and became the first Buick dealership west of the Mississippi selling Buickā€™s most popular vehicle the Model 10. General Motors (GM) was founded on September 16, 1908 as a holding company for Buick, and on that date Weld County Automobile Company became a GM dealer. At this time Weld County Automobile Company was also selling Cadillac models. It is not currently known when then dealership stopped selling Cadillacs. In 1908, GM purchased the Reliance Motor Truck Company and the Rapid Motor Vehicle Company. These two were merged to create GMC Trucks in 1912 and Weld County Automobile Company was in the truck business. In 1914, the Weld County Automobile Company changed back to the original name of Weld County Garage, Inc.. Weld County Garage, Inc. began selling Pontiacs in 1926 when that brand was introduced into the GM fold.

THE NEW WELD COUNTY GARAGE, INC.

In June of 2003, Weld County Garage, Inc. moved into its new home at 2699 47th Avenue in Greeley. This new location features a 60,000 square-foot building set on over 12 acres of land. Weld County Garage, Inc. features two large service departments; one on 47th Avenue and our Truck City Service Center located at 1415 1st Ave in Greeley. The Truck City Service location services all makes and models including medium-duty and recreational vehicles. The new location also features a huge parts warehouse, detail shop, all the administrative offices, a large multimedia and meeting room, our vehicle financing offices, one of the largest used vehicle departments in the state of Colorado, and of course it is the home our GMC and Buick sales. In 2009, Weld County Garage, Inc. saw the end of the Pontiac brand name and extensive restructuring of GM, but Weld County Garage, Inc. continued as a strong business leader in our community and celebrated their 100th anniversary!